USA Accounting Manager Full-time Job1 year ago - Financial Services - Michigan City - 1.4K views
· The Accounting Manager is responsible to lead the USA accounting function
· This includes the accurate and timely analysis of the company financials, as well as, the management of the internal/external audit function
· He/she should establish, implement and monitor internal controls, policies and procedures
· Work is performed in a fast paced environment within tight time constraints
· Unusual hours and travel may be required
· This is a salaried exempt position
· Responsible for the monthly review of the accounting records of 6 USA reporting locations
· Organize and oversee the monthly closing and reporting process
· Ensure compliance with IFRS and corporate accounting standards, policies and procedures
· Participate in the monthly rolling forecasting process of the P&L down to Net Result.
· Responsible for the monthly rolling forecast process of the free cash-flow and the debt.
· Supervise directly 2 A/R positions, and 1 A/P position in the Troy office. 4 A/P positions at plant level report to this position dotted-line.
· Co-ordinate with plant controlling personnel at 5 manufacturing facilities
· Define and implement accounting rules and KPIs for the country in accordance with Group policies and Goals
· Responsible for the continuous improvement of the Accounting tools in close cooperation with division. This role includes being the Business Process Owner for SAP FI.
· Coordinate business flows with other departments (Purchasing, Customer Center, Human resources etc…) to ensure the accuracy of the reported figures and to comply with Group and local rules.
· Provide guidance to plant and regional office finance personnel on accounting issues
· Propose and implement improvements to current processes
· Oversee the accounting, reporting and balancing of inter-company activity with global affiliates
· Supervise the reporting of capital expenditures, analysis of variances from budget and forecasted spending
· Responsible for pension accounting, actual, forecast and budget
· Responsible for USA tax accounting, current and deferred taxes, actual, forecast and budget
· Prepare support for USA tax returns, calculate state apportionment
· Review transfer-pricing documentation for cross-border transactions
· Analyze foreign exchange impact in USD financial statements.
· Responsible for completion of US Census Bureau reporting
· Prepare USA-entity financial statements with footnotes
· This role is the interlocutor or entry-point in the country for the Division or Group for any accounting topic related to the country.
· Organize, implement and track with Division and IS&S the improvements of the SAP ERP for the Fi module.
· Track and implement accounting KPIs to improve the efficiency of the accounting function.
· Adhoc reporting
· Develop a strong and motivated team of accounting collaborators
· Promotes and exemplifies Clean Energy Systems values to all associates
· Actively participate in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
· Must successfully complete all Clean Energy Systems required training
· Must comply with all work rules, policies and procedures, including safety rules
· Provide support to other positions as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· Accuracy, and on-time reporting
· External and internal Audit results.
· Continuous improvement of the efficiency accounting function and KPIs
· Group and Division accounting departments
· External and Internal Audit
· Internal customers: IS&S, Purchasing, Human Resources, Customer Center.
· Plants Controlling teams
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· CPA with 5 years of experience at a major public accounting firm
· 5 years of experience in a corporate financial position
· Experience in a manufacturing environment, or automotive preferred
** MUST be legally able to work in the U.S. without requirement of any type of visa sponsorship now and in the future.
Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
· Knowledge of SAP as an integrated ERP required, Candidate must have the expertise of the Fi module, CO module would be a plus.
· Knowledge of HFM
· Knowledge of BNA and MfgPro, a plus
· Maintain confidentiality at all times
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Basic ability to navigate Internet and Internet software packages
· Ability to maintain working relationships with internal and external customers
· Must be flexible, dependable and creative
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Professional verbal and written communication skills (English required)
· Ability to collect, maintain and analyze data
· Must be able to manage time and determine priorities
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations
· Work requires standing, walking, bending, stooping and sitting