Storage Administrator Full-time Job1 anno fa - Training - Bengaluru - 342 views
You will be a member of the Datacenter and Lab Operations team that provide service and support to various VMware employees. The team is responsible for deploying, configuring and handling the equipment (primarily R&D testbeds) within the local labs and Colocation DCs. The Storage Administrator will possess extensive technical knowledge, interpersonal and good communication skills to ensure projects and tasks are completed on time and meeting customer expectations. We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and results-driven individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
You're responsible for maintaining the Lab Infrastructure that services VMware Employees. This includes day-to-day operation of VMware's data center facility, including, but not limited to.
- Manage, monitor and maintain Storage Area Networks(SAN).
- Manage, monitor and maintain fabric infrastructure used for storage connectivity.
- Perform periodic health check on the storage and infrastructure.
- Storage provisioning on multiple platforms to meet user requirements.
- Familiar with LDAP and the configuration for the Storage arrays.
- Ensure the storage access is secure & effective access controls are configured.
- Ensure all storage arrays and associated infrastructure are integrated with ViPR SRM.
- Use ViPR SRM to monitor performance of arrays in the infrastructure.
- Setting up ViPR SRM for reporting of storage allocation and utilization.
- Setup ViPR SRM for Alerting for storage configuration issues.
- Backup SAN switches configuration. Storage administration tasks.
- Troubleshooting from Server to Storage to diagnose and correct issues.
- FC switch zoning and script switch configurations.
- Configure WWN zoning and create Zonesets for redundant SAN Fabrics.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 5-6 Years of relevant experience
- Design and Implement EMC Storage Area Networks with EMC (VNX, VMAX, Unity, Datadomain, XtremIO), NetApp, Dell DC & FC storage
- Have familiarity with HP 3PAR, IBM SVC and IBM DS series storage
- Has high competence with the following protocols: (FC, iSCSI, RDMA, RoCE, iWARP, NVMeoF,, NFS, CIFS).
- Highly skilled SAN administrator familiar with the configuration of Brocade SAN switches, zoning and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of vSphere and how to use vCenter to examine the storage configuration
- Four years of System Administration or ViPR Administration skills would be a great benefit to this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
With 2017 revenues of $7.92 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
Work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions.