AUTOMATION ENGINEER Full-time Job1 year ago - Engineering - Marysville - 1.4K views
Lead or manage electrical and automation projects as a control systems engineer by applying the tools/processes for programmable logic controllers, graphical user interfaces, and applying sound electrical principles for safe and effective electrical power designs.
- Participate and lead in the strategic execution of company standard automation programming best practices.
- Personnel supervision of technical teams, contractors, or other third parties.
- Effectively communicate project status proposals and results through written technical documentation and oral presentations.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with vendors, other departments, operating companies worldwide and international personnel.
- Effectively interact with technical colleagues in other Departments to ensure a safe and successful installation
- Keep current in the process control and data acquisition fields with particular attention to the RTD Beverage category.
- Participate in capital investments projects ensuring that the technical solution follows corporate and market standards and is delivered with the expected quality, timing, and within budget.
- Preparation of user and technical specifications, manage solution development, the pretest, implementation and training of operators and maintenance groups.
- Ensure process and equipment adherence to safety for people, products, and the environment.
- Comply with Nestle Integrated Management System and all other company policies and procedures.
- Supervise the installation of process control equipment and training of personnel.
- Provide technical support to operations for troubleshooting of process control loops up to and including I/O devices of PLCs
- Participate in developing engineering projects as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Participate in lean concept continuous improvement.
- Participate in the start-up of technical equipment(s) and /or production line(s).
Job Qualifications (Minimum Education, Experience, And Knowledge)
- BSc in Engineering discipline or related field with 5-7 year experience in food and beverage process control applications.
- Knowledge of programming relay ladder logic, systems configuration, networking and troubleshooting PLC for process control.
- Familiar with graphical user interfaces and data acquisition
- Able to specify process instrumentation for temperature, level and flow of liquids and powders.
- Planning and organization
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Available to travel worldwide
- Travel: 10%
Nestlé Development Center Marysville is one of the longest-standing R&D centers in Nestlé’s worldwide network. Here, we provide technical development expertise for beverage products. Whether it is in terms of convenience, health or pleasure, we are committed to creating trustworthy products and processes that improve the quality of consumers’ lives.
Work here, and you’ll get variety. We’re located in the Columbus Region, where you can experience a vibrant city, charming neighborhoods, and serene country sides. The Columbus Region has a reputation as the
#1 Opportunity City,
One of the Seven Smartest Cities in the world,
Fastest growing Midwestern city, and
15th largest city in the U.S.